There’s no shopping frenzy that even comes close to overtaking Black Friday.
It’s a special shopping event that’s traditionally set after Thanksgiving Day in the U.S to kick off the holiday season, yet Black Friday has become increasingly popular here in Australia (and worldwide!). In fact, Black Friday 2019 brought around 93.2 million buyers shopping online, with many of these consumers being Gen Z and Millennials.
While Black Friday has been historically well-known, Cyber Monday is a relatively new phenomenon for businesses, typically associated with eCommerce and SaaS. Both of these holidays are crucial for attracting new customers with hot deals and steep discounts, allowing your business to end the year on a financial crescendo.
Due to COVID-19 social distancing restrictions, many shoppers are even more likely to turn to eCommerce platforms and digital media to hunt for the best deals and snazzy bargains in 2020. Social media such as Facebook and Instagram are popular ways for businesses to advertise effectively online. With so many big brands and small companies competing for consumer awareness and maximising sales through their social media marketing, here’s a few tips to stand out and prep your business for Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2020!
Mobile-Friendly Landing Page
Smartphone traffic, revenue and sales continue to grow each year. In fact, the share of total web traffic during holiday seasons (including Black Friday and Cyber Monday) for mobile was 57% in 2019, while the percentage of total mobile purchases was 35%.
As people are becoming more accustomed to researching and buying products or services through their mobile devices, many businesses are optimising their mobile experiences to drive more traffic and capture sales – this includes integrating videos, increasing loading speed, using SMS marketing and making the mobile web page more responsive.
While rolling out amazing, detailed social campaigns can grab customers and encourage higher clicks, it’s also important to consider what happens after you score that click! That’s where your landing page comes in – it’s basically the very first, standalone web page you “land on” after you click on a button or link, designed to convert visitors into leads.
Since it’s the make-or-break moment which determines if you gain or lose a potential customer, you should ensure that your landing page is very mobile friendly – this means using engaging and concise copy, bolder calls-to-action, consistent branding and design template, while ensuring that mobile navigation is clean and simple. To find out if your landing page meets these requirements, you can use Google’s Mobile Friendly Test.
Facebook ads are the holy grail when it comes to social media marketing for Black Friday. Facebook allows you to reach out to both new and existing customers via hyper-targeting and remarketing. Aside from the normal photo, slideshow, livestream and video ads, there are various kinds of FB ad formats you can launch to make a big splash during your Black Friday campaign:
- Dynamic Ads – These ads are automatically set to display tailored products to people who have expressed interest, whether this be on your business’s website, app or anywhere else on the Internet. Rather than manually creating individual ads for your specific target markets or customers, Facebook does all the work for you!
- You can create FB dynamic ads by first establishing a tight product catalogue and feedback loop using Facebook Pixel and SDK.
- You can also retarget your web or mobile shoppers to remind them of items that they’ve viewed, but didn’t buy. This will help re-engage your leads and boost your sales conversion!
- Carousel Ads – The Carousel ad format can entice customers to buy certain products or service offerings through a visually mesmerising experience, It allows you to showcase up to ten images or videos within a single ad, each with its own link. With greater creative space through these multiple carousel cards, you can highlight different products and reveal more intricate details about its features, or even tell a story about your brand that gradually develops across each card.
- Collection Ads – This ad format that makes it easier for people to discover, browse and purchase new products or services from their mobile device in an immersive way.
- A collection ad includes a cover image or video followed by several product images. When someone clicks on the ad, they’ll land on an Instant Experience – a full-screen experience that drives engagement and nurtures interest.
- Canvas Ads – These canvas ads are described by Facebook as “full-screen ad experiences built for bringing brands and products to life on mobile.” They are interactive, fully-immersive ads that use a combination of photos, videos, GIFs, text, and CTA buttons – all without leaving the Facebook platform.
- It is considered by many to be a “microsite-like experience” that allows people to click, scroll, swipe, and tap to engage with brands. These ads are extremely convenient and mobile-friendly for customers since they remove any need to switch to another site.
Need to Boost Your Black Friday Marketing Campaign?
If you’re overwhelmed with prepping your promotions for Black Friday, then contact OMDIGI Group for the best-quality Social Media Marketing services. We’ll tailor our services and work closely with your business to achieve a powerful campaign before the special day hits!